Monday, December 07, 2009

On one thinker

mercedo wrote today at 3:12 AM
morosoph said
I'm sorry, Mer. It's been a long time since we spoke.

I have made a great discovery: a philosopher who I believe you will love, although he is unfairly maligned. If you get the chance, you should read Leo Strauss. He is subtle and incisive. Just the kind of thinker who I think you will appreciate.

My very best,
Tim.
I stopped reading any notable book at age around 35. The only book I read after age 35 was Bible. It was not because I got curious, but I was just ashamed of not having read it till that time.

You told me his name and I recall I mistook him as another famous anthropologist. I referred to his writings a little then and again I read his idea a bit, but his idea is not precise and it is just a piles of misunderstanding based on superficial thought. This is his limit. It is not his fault. He might be doing what he can do, and it has nothing to do with me. My physiology tells his is not worth reading.

No comments: